Saturday, December 8, 2007

Brewer's Guild Holiday Party!

I found my people last night. There are a lot of them, and they drink amazing beer. Absolutely amazing beer. I ended up going, and to start off knew only John, the VP, but in pretty short order I had been introduced to the whole party. Spent a good chunk of time chatting with Jeff Jensen (the Jensen of Jensen Liquor). We both have big plans for beer in this town. Of note on the beer tastings, I tried, amongst many quality homebrews: Ommegang's Chocolate Indulgence, New Glarus' Raspberry Tart (mind-blowing ), Serafijn's Tripel, and a year old bottle of Delirium Noel. Smashing.

Also of note, I'm off to the Power Plant Strong Ale Festival in Missouri.

Breweries:
23rd St Brewery,
75th St Brewery
Alaskan Brewing Company (!)
Blind Tiger Brewery
Boulevard Brewing Company
Brugge Beer
Church Brew Works
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery (!)
O'fallon Brewery
Little Apple Brewing
McCoys Public House
Mountain Sun Brewery
Power Plant Brewery
Schlafly Beer
Victory Brewing (!)
Weston Brewing Company
Stone (!)

This has been a weekend in beer heaven.

1 comment:

Jameson Huckaba said...

Fantastic - I think I need to join you at one of these Lawrence Brewers' Guild meetings.

And yes - you should totally review a PBR. Hell, I did. 29 out of 100, baby!

By the way, I'm glad you have a beer blog, too. We can keep each other honest as far as maintaining it!