Friday, January 25, 2008

Sleepless

Now that it is 5:36 in the morning, and I can't sleep, I figured I would tag on a couple of beers that I'd tried recently but hadn't given the attention of a full review.

Sam Adams Irish Red Ale:
Really caramel malt oriented. A touch sweet for my taste, and there was something a little odd going on in the finish. Not bad, will probably develop some cult status, but nothing to write home about.

Avery New World Porter:
Oh Avery, you do so love your hops. First sip made me think IBA (India Black Ale). Lots of pine oriented hops. Some chocolate and coffee came through as well, but this felt like a hop showcase. Tasty, but not what I expect when I see the word "porter". I'll have to give this one another go, and give it a full review.

Also, thinking of going back to the goatee. Not sure yet.

No comments: